Wednesday, August 15, 2012

One week in

So one week after launching the Crimson Gardenia website and a bit has happened. :0)  Thank goodness!!

I won’t bore you with the details but in a nutshell (I just can’t hear that phrase without thinking of Austin Powers)… I started the website, did up a Crimson Gardenia Facebook page, invited all my Aussie lady friends… I omitted most of the gents as it felt a bit odd to invite them to look at lady clothes, however, I should remember that jewellery has no sizing and everyone needs to buy presents, right?

I received my first order and did a happy happy joy joy dance around my room.

CIMG3762

I also received an overseas enquiry, which was awesome.

One of the other things that made me go “awwwww!!” was my friend Laura writing about my business venture on her blog, Lindy Shopper. A completely lovely surprise as Laura is such an inspiring woman. She dances, she sings, she plays music, she started her own band, she writes about her vintage clothing passions on the blog, she DJs, she bakes and she holds down a very grown up serious job!

There hasn’t been a lot of movement on the website front this week in terms of new products, but there is plenty going on behind the scenes.

I am planning on releasing a few of my own vintage dresses back into the wild, partly to help fund the business but, honestly, it is mainly because I feel bad that they aren’t being worn! Some of them no longer fit me so there is no point in me hoarding them. I would much rather they be out there, being used for the purpose that they were made for. Granted, they are more fragile than a new garment but with careful handling they can definitely still be worn and hopefully be around for many more years to come.

As part of the shedding process, I have also decided to sell my wedding dress. I just love this dress. It holds such wonderful memories for me but, again, I would much prefer that someone else benefit from its beauty, rather than it sitting in a box under my bed.

So I have put it up on a wedding dress sales site called Still White and throw it out to the universe to find her her new owner.

In the meantime though, since the photo shoot she is hanging about on my mannequin, staring moodily out the window and I can’t help but think of Miss Havisham.

CIMG3756

It’s starting to feel like I have a weird, reclusive roommate… kind of like having a cat I suppose.

Anyway, that’s it for now – please feel free to mention my little ol’ business on your blogs, on Facebook, to your friends and families… you know. If you feel like it. :0)

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment